Friday, March 18, 2011

A Note about Glue

When I first started scrapbooking (in the early 1990's), a lot of the products available today did not exist (or if they did I didn't know about them).  I started using Elmer's Glue and eventually switched to Rubber Cement for my scrapbooks.  With the Elmer's Glue, no matter how little I used, paper mementos would get a little wrinkled.  The Rubber Cement stopped this.

So what does this have to with cards?  Well when I started making cards, I went back to glue.  I always use very small amounts and apply it with toothpicks or cut out small strips of paper (like 1 inch long by 1/4 inch thick).  Since most of the paper I'm using is a heavier cardstock that much of what I used when I was first scrapbooking, this seems to work the best.

As for all the other adhesive products out in the market now that scrapbooking has really become it's own industry, I'm not against using them.  I just find glue to be the most cost-effective option when making large number of cards.  When I use photos on my cards, I do tend to use either photo squares or photo tape.  And sometimes it is easier to use a double-sided tape.  I guess it just depends on what you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.