Saturday, April 16, 2011

Card: Baby Announcement - Geocacher

e16_geobabyannounce

Back when I published this post, you may have noticed the 2nd announcement card in the lower right corner.  That was the card I'm showing today.

Inspiration:  My husband and I are avid (obsessed?) geocachers.  The community of geocachers where we live are the greatest!  So many of them helped us out as we got ready for our daughter to arrive.  And since many of them don't know our non-geocaching family I wasn't sure that the family tree card would be the best to send them (plus after making over 80 of them I needed something different to do).  I came up with this idea of using a stroller and our GeoChums (http://www.geochums.com/) images.

How I Made Them:  I used a hand-made paper for the stroller seat because I though it looked more like fabric.  I used the GeoChums mascot images from the website and made templates for the 2 adults that I cut out in orange and green.  I made a much smaller one in blue for the baby.  I glued the pieces on the card and used a black Sharpie to finish drawing the stroller.  I added "Joining us on the Geo-trails..." in a green Sharpie.  On the inside, I attached the same printed announcement as our other cards but used a green ribbon to hold it in place.

Alternatives:
  • An invitation to a party or a geocaching event.
  • Since the images are just faceless dolls, I guess it really doesn't need to be a geocaching theme.  It would work for hiking or just a reference to strolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.