Thursday, April 14, 2011

Card: Graduation

e15_gradcap

It's hard to believe it's already the middle of April and that for some, graduation is less than a month away!  So before you need them, here's a graduation card example you could use for someone graduating at any educational level!

Inspiration:  The cap is one of the first things I think of when picturing graduation.  I still remember my brother & sister's pre-school graduation.  Plus my cap from my pre-school graduation is still in my baby book in the closet (at least it will be until my daughter finds it and adds it to her hat collection).

How I Make Them:  I cut out the graduation cap using a scrapbooking template.  I use my folded card sideways on this one so that the whole cap fits better.  I glue it on and then color it.  If I know the graduate has a specific set of school colors, I might try to use those.  However, when I'm not sure I tend to stick with pastel colored pencils for filling in the colors.  I do sometimes color the tassel in gold or silver though.  I write "Congratulations, Graduate!" on the outside of the card.  While I usually try to personalize the inside message, I always congratulate them on their achievement and share a wish for their continued growth through learning.

Alternatives:
  • As with many cards, a graduation cap could be used as the invitation to a graduation party.
  • It would be a nice treat to make a graduation cap card with "Thank U, Mom & Dad" on the cap to show your parents your appreciation for all they helped you achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.