Friday, May 13, 2011

Card: Birthday - Music

e28_musicbday
Inspiration: I love music (started college as a music major).  Plus I have a number of friends that I send cards to who also love music.  I decided to go with a music staff since I couldn't draw everyone's instruments (I do an ok violin/viola but definitely can't draw a trombone or a piano).

How I Make Them:  I use the leftover stencil from some music note die-cuts from a Creative Memories set I got along time ago and cut out notes in various bright, rainbow colors.  I try to get a nice mix of quarter notes, connected eighth notes and single eighth notes.  Occasionally, I'll cut off the stem for a whole note or divide the flag on an eighth note to make a sixteenth note - just depends on how creative I'm feeling.  I the draw the staff on the card by using 5 markers each of the same size.  I use a long strip of masking tape to help hold the markers together in a row to help me evenly space the lines.  Then I glue on the notes.  I write "Happy Birthday" on the outside of the card.    On the inside, I write "May the soundtrack of this special day lift your spirit!"

Alternatives:
  • This card can be used as an invitation, would even make a really neat recital invitation.
  • It also makes a nice Thank You card.  You could even write the letters to spell out T-H-A-N-K-S or T-H-A-N-K-Y-O-U on the notes depending on how many you put on the staff.
  • Since music is a theme with many holidays, if you use holiday-themed colors it might make a nice Christmas or Chanukah card.  You could even add a favorite lyric under the music staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.