Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Card: Birthday - Silk Car

e30_carbday

Inspiration: When I was doing the last of my silk painting, I thought a car would be a cute shape for a card for a little boy.

How I Make Them: For information on the actual silk painting, refer back to this post. After the silk painting is dry and I've cut out all the images, I sewed the car onto the card using embroidery floss.  Then I wrote the sounds that various car horns make all around the image in different colors.  On the inside, I wrote "Just letting everyone know that today is your birthday!  Hope it's a car-honking happy one!"

Alternatives:
  • Eventually I plan on making a car card using my more traditional methods (templates and paper), I just have to find the write shape of car to draw.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.