Sunday, May 15, 2011

Card: Invitation - Animal Party

e29_animalinvite

Inspiration: For my daughter's 2nd birthday party, we chose an animal theme.  We got lots of nifty little things through Oriental Trading.  And we decided that the party games should all be easy carnival style games.  I even made a monkey with an open mouth and banana bean bags (I'll post on this one another time).  For the invitations I wanted something with animals and found a coloring page online that I used for the animal images.  I wish I had saved the link as I can't locate the page now.  If anyone comes across it, let me know. Or post your favorite color pages link in the comments!

How I Made Them: As I mentioned, I printed a cut out a page of animals to color that I found on-line.  There were about 18 different animals on the page but I used a subset of them.  I colored the animals using colored pencils and then trimmed them a little closer to their edges before affixing them to the card with glue. I wrote "Join us for an animal party!" on the front and wrote the details about the party on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.