Friday, May 27, 2011

Card: Birthday - Planets in the Sky

e35_planetsbday

Inspiration:  My inspiration for this card actually came from the paper I used as the background.  It's origami paper that's a dark blue with lots of little gold stars on it.  I thought it looked like outer space.

How I Make Them:  I trimmed a piece of the origami paper to fit the front of the card.  I cut out circles in different sizes for the planets - at least 2 smaller and 1 larger.  I cut the ring around the one planet out of silver reflective paper.  I glued down the planets and ring after laying them out.  I wrote "Happy Birthday" on one of the planets.  On the inside, I wrote "May your birthday be out of this world!"

Alternatives:
  • I imagine when I'm out of my origimi paper I can either find similar scrapbooking paper or just use a darker cardstock and draw on gold/silver stars with gel pens or Sharpies.
  • The planets and rings can be in any color.
  • If I was a better artist I could even add a space ship or satellite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.