Saturday, May 21, 2011

Card: Birthday - Teddy Bear

e32_teddybday

Inspiration: Teddy bears are so cute and cuddly, the perfect image to wish someone a happy birthday with!

How I Make Them:  The overall shape I found in one of my older scrapbooking stencils - it was on a sheet with a baby theme.  I cut that out of a darker brown.  I embellish it with lighter brown or tan on the upper paws, belly, and snout.  I used a hole-punch to punch out black eyes.  I also used a small scrapbooking stencil to cut out a bow in purple (or pink or blue).  I drew on the mouth and nose using gel pens.  Since the teddy bear took up most of the space of the card, I didn't write on the outside.  On the inside, I wrote "Hope you have a cuddly, fun birthday!"

Alternatives:
  • A teddy bear is also a great image for a Get Well card.
  • Using a pink or blue ribbon, it could be used to welcome a new baby or as a baby shower invite or thank you card.
  • I think it might be neat to make the teddy bear in some of those paisley type colors that you sometimes see stuffed animals in (kind of like a calico cat).
  • You could use small jewel stickers for the eyes & maybe even the nose.
  • Tan or light brown embellishments could have also been added to the ears and legs.
  • To make it even more festive, the bear could have worn a party hat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.