Sunday, September 18, 2011

Card: Valentine's Day - Woven Heart

card_wovenhearts

Inspiration: Just like my woven star card for Rosh Hashana, I got this idea from an old arts and craft book.  Hearts are a simple shape and they look pretty neat when woven.

How I Make Them: I used another old scrapbooking die cut for the heart shape.  I either cut out one, trace the same die cut on the card and then cut slits in the card using an Xacto knife (version on the left of the above image) or I cut out two in different shades of the same color (version on the right of the above image).  I cut the cut-out hearts into strips and then weave - either on the card or just the two hearts.  I use a little glue to hold down each edge piece.  When I use two different hearts, I trim them when I'm done to neaten it up before gluing it down on a card.  On the inside of the card, I usually write a personal message.

Alternatives:
  • I switch off between using this card for Valentine's Day and Anniversaries.
  • There are still plenty of other shapes that could be woven - present (box, just add a ribbon after), circle (add a smiley face), etc.
  • I've toyed with using strips of fabric or ribbon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.