Inspiration: For my daughter's tea party themed birthday party, I planned on having the kids play "Hot Teapot". I didn't want to use either of the china teapots or her plastic Strawberry Shortcake one. I knew I needed to sew one that was softer.
How I Made It: I thought about just taking an online image and making it more like a pillow but ended up searching for teapot sewing patterns and came up with the following:
- I used the pattern from http://whipup.net/wp-content/images/2011/06/Whipup.netTeapotPattern.pdf
- I used the instructions from http://jointhemood.blogspot.com.es/2012/04/pincushion-alfiletero.html for putting together the body and sewing, stuffing & attaching the spout and handle.
- I'd definitely make a longer body. Mine looks more like a Genie Lamp than a teapot.
- I'd secure the spout on a little more closer to the top so it's more upright.
- I wanted to add a little hidden pocket to put in a prize for the kid who is holding it when the music stops, but I ended up not doing that. It probably could have been done with some material into the top and using velcro to secure the lid to the top of the teapot.