Saturday, March 26, 2011

Card: Birthday - Basketball

e9_bballbday
I thought I'd include this one since we're in the midst of NCAA March Madness.

Inspiration: I've always had no problem coming up with card ideas for little girls, but little boys on the other hand.  Well I have a lot less experience in this area.  Luckily I had a sports-themed scrapbooking template that helped me come up with this idea and a couple of others.

How I Make Them:   First I trace the basketball template that I have onto orange paper (if I can find textured paper that's even better) with pencil.  I cut out the circle and then trace over the lines with a silver gel pen and fill the area in.  The basketball gets glued to the front of the card and I add "Hoop It Up" above the ball.  On the inside, I write "on your birthday" or some other basketball inspired message.

Alternatives:
  • Sports-themed cards are also great for Father's Day
  • If I could draw a hoop and a backboard, I would probably do that too.  Hmmm, I might have to try making a hoop out of embroidery floss somehow.
  • This card could also be used for a young basketball player after a game that you go to see in which you tell the player how much you enjoyed the game and how well they played.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.