Sunday, December 9, 2012

Card: Winter Ice Skate

WinterSkate1

Inspiration: I've had on my idea list for a while to do an ice skate card. I decided this was the year since I wanted to do a series for the seasons starting with Winter.

How I Make Them:  I used the template that I use for the Birthday Roller Skate Card to make the boot.  I made a new template for the blade.  I cut the boot using either a light blue or light purple.  The blade I used metallic silver paper.  I glued the boot on and then the blade.  I used the Martha Stewart Glitter Pens to add laces with a tassel and "Happy Winter".  Inside I wrote a little verse of impressions of winter:
     Glide through the streets
          where the snows
     Glisten and sparks
          in the light as we
     Gladly celebrate and share
          happiness.

Alternatives:

  • The boots can be in any color, might be cool to use a vinyl paper or a print fabric.
  • I've thought about making a card with a pair of skates dangling by their laces.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.