Monday, May 9, 2022

Card: Meditation Astro (Salesforce Character)

Meditation Astro card


Inspiration: There's this pin I got at Dreamforce '18 of Astro.  They're sitting criss-cross apple-sauce with eyes closed.  Astro looks so calm and peaceful.  There are just too many times when I look at it that I wish I was that relaxed.  I like the idea of wishing others that level of peace and calm through a card.

How I Made It: As I often do when creating projects based on these characters, I Google'd for the image I wanted and printed off multiple copies of it in the size I needed (I typically work with a 4x5 inch card).  I use this printed image to cut out the pieces I think I'll need to make and trace their edges onto card stock to create a template.  On the template pieces I note what the part is and what color paper I think I want to use for it.

template


Once my template is set, I cut it out and layout it out to make sure I have all the parts.  Then I use it to trace and cut out paper in the colors I want to use.

I glue everything together and onto the card.  I finish up with some drawing in markers (Astro's closed eyes for this card) and add in some background if inspired to do so.

My card really isn't complete until I add my LBK Card Creations on the back.

Alternatives:

Meditation Astro


  • I made a version with some cool patterned paper I picked up at Hollo's.  I want to find other neat paper to see how interesting I can make Astro.
  • I used this image of Astro to draw a little girl meditating for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah service book - I should totally make these into cards too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.