Thursday, May 5, 2011

Bookmark: Hebrew/English Calligraphy - Words from the heart

e25_heartbookmark

Inspiration:  Another quote I like.  This one comes from the Talmud.  "Words that come from the heart, enter the hear."

How I Make Them:  Again I use a pre-cut 1.75 inches by 6.5 inches bookmark from Hollo's Papercraft.  This time I use it horizontally.  I draw my pencil lines from the top at 1MM and then 2 lines every 9MM after that.  From the bottom I draw them at 1MM, 5MM, 6MM, and 10MM.  I calligraphy this bookmark in either red or pink ink (usually Speedball ink for the red and self-mixed watercolor paint for the pink).  I write the Hebrew letters using a C-3 Speedball nib and a Hunt Ex-Fine Bowl 512 for the vowels.  I write the English using a C-4 Speedball nib.  After the calligraphy ink has dried, I draw a small red (or pink) heart using either the ink or gel pens.  Finally, I laminate the card using my Xylon sticker laminator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.