Thursday, May 19, 2011

Card: Birthday - Silk Flower

e31_flowerbday

Inspiration: I really thought that flowers would look kind of nice with my silk method.  But I'm a little disappointed in these.  They just didn't turn out as cute as I'd hoped.  If anyone has suggestions to improve on this idea, please share!

How I Made Them:  For a good recap on how I did the silk part, refer to this post.  When I sewed the flowers to the cards using embroidery floss, I tried to match the floss to the color of the petals and sew in the details of the petals.  I wrote Happy Birthday using a green gel pen and tried to make it look like the leaves coming out from around the flower.  The inside message was a simple "Have a sweet birthday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.