Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bookmark: Hebrew/English Calligraphy - Education without Vision

bkmk_edubook

Inspiration: Education is so important.  It's a major value in my life so I chose this quote to turn into a bookmark to share.
How I Make Them: Again I use a pre-cut 1.75 inches by 6.5 inches bookmark from Hollo's Papercraft. This time I use it horizontally. I draw my pencil lines from the top at 3MM and 8MM. From the bottom I draw them at 3MM, 8MM, 10MM, and 15MM. I calligraphy this bookmark in aqua ink (usually Speedball ink or self-mixed watercolor paint). I write the Hebrew letters using a C-4 Speedball nib and a Hunt Ex-Fine Bowl 512 for the vowels. I write the English using a C-5 Speedball nib. After the calligraphy ink has dried, I draw a open book using gel pens. Finally, I laminate the card using my Xylon sticker laminator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.