Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Felt Ornament: Among Us Imposter?


Inspiration: My daughter played Among Us quite a bit this past year.  One of her teachers even led a group who would play during their lunch break.  She says her favorite is the yellow character so I thought I'd surprise her with a felt one.

How I Made Them; I found a picture online, printed it out and used that to create the 2 basic shapes.  After doing a little research, I decided to make the backpack? (or is it a jet pack?) a separate piece.  So I cut 2 of each shape in the yellow.  I stitched the face mask onto the main piece with black thread and also outlined it.  I applique stitched one part of the backpack onto the back 2nd main piece but not all the way to the edge.  I then blanket stitched the main parts together (not stitching the back part of the backpack but definitely holding the front of it between the two main parts).  I added a hanger as I made my way around and also stuffed the main part with polyfill.  Then I added some more stuffing just in the backpack and blanket stitched it's two parts shut.

Final Thoughts:  Is it an imposter?  Maybe.  My daughter liked it.  I need to make a bunch in different colors so she can share with her classmates if they're still playing next year (but there will probably be some new game by them that they'll all be into).  Though it would make a cute thing for Valentine's Day.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.