Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sewing: Nook Cover

NookCover1NookCover2

I got a Nook Color and decided I needed a cover to carry it in my big bag.  However, I didn't like the hard covers so I made my own.

Inspiration: A geocaching friend made me a holder for embroidery supplies a number of years ago.  It was a little bigger than my Nook but I used the basic design she used to create my cover.

How I Made It:  I used paper to make a pattern.  A piece of each of the 3 pocket layers.  I decided to add an additional pocket with a snap so I can store my micro SD cards.  I used some material I bought years ago for curtains in the dining room (that I never made).  The two upper pockets are just folded layers of materials.  The lowest pocket has batting.  The whole outside has batting.  After sewing the pocket piece together, I pinned it to the outer and inner fabric and batting.  Sewed the whole thing, turned it (I sewed it inside-out) and then hand-sewed it closed.  I wish I'd have added a material loop to the cover to attach to a button.  I didn't so instead I used 2 buttons and I use a pony tail holder to keep it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.