Monday, December 3, 2012

Cards: Strawberry Shortcake Stationary Set

SSCards

Inspiration: My daughter loves Strawberry Shortcake.  She's almost 4 and she always wants pretty stationary for writing to her pen pal.  Since we cut up her first few issues of Strawberry Shortcake magazine so she could hang the posters on the walls of her room, I kept some figures cut out to use to make stationary for her.

How I Made Them:  They're actually pretty simple.  I just took the cut out images and used Modge Podge to adhere them in different ways.  For things like this, I avoid my Elmer's School Glue because it tends to make the images wrinkly when the paper is too thin.  I used to use Rubber Cement but I don't have any so I used the Modge Podge which seems to be working pretty well.  I added some text based on the pictures using the Martha Stewart Glitter Pens.  And finished them up with neon pink envelopes.

Alternatives:  You can use any character or item you can cut out.  Have fun!  I have a few Sunday comics I've been saving to do some others.  I tend to use things like this for just everyday stationary but it could easily be adapted for any occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.