Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Back of the Card

Do you remember those Hallmark commercials that always showed the main character turning the card over and then smiling really big?  I admit it, I usually turn my cards over.  Not specifically to see the brand, but sometimes even I write on the back a little.  Though often, I'm just recording something on the back like the date the card was received or the address of the sender so I have it for later.  But this topic got me thinking, how many different brands are there?  I don't think I'll ever know and I'm pretty sure that during the holiday season a whole lot of little brands pop-up for the short term.  Ones I never hear about the rest of the year.  So here's a collection of the backs of cards logos from this past holiday season:

CardBacks

Quite a variety and also the usual players as well.  I didn't get a single Papyrus card though, I usually get at least one so I don't have that logo.  Don't even know what other ones I'm missing.

So ever since I started making my own cards, I've always put my own little logo on the back.  I remember getting home-made computer-generated cards when I was in Jr. High and High School.  The creator would add their own little logo to it (usually a little comical).  I've always done mine hand-written, in gold ink with my initials.  So if you get a card from me, now you'll know how to confirm it.  Just turn it over to see:


MyCardBack

Do you add your own logo or signature to the cards you make on the back?  What's it like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.