Sunday, February 3, 2013

Card: Valentine's Day - Grapes

VdayGrapes2

Inspiration: After last year's strawberry hearts, I wanted to come up with something in a similar vein.  Something with a heart shape - I thought about doing Luv Bugs, but I think I'll save those for next year.  Instead I thought, a bunch of grapes can have a heart shape.  But I didn't like the idea of cutting out lots of circles in felt.  Luckily I remembered all the foam projects my daughter has been doing and went in search of materials.

How I Made Them:  As I mentioned, I used foam pages.  One plain purple and one glitter purple.  I used a  plastic tube I had from something, it was about the size of a small test-tube.  I pressed this into the back side of the foam and then cut out the circles with scissors.  If I had a large enough circle hole punch, that probably would have worked better.  I did use some sticky-back stiff green felt to do the little leaf which I just free-hand cut out.  I used pre-cut bookmarks I got at Hollo's (they were 2 inch by about 7.5 inch) and cut them down to 2 inch x 3 inch pieces.  I glued on the circles (alternating rows between plain and glittered) and then stuck on the leaf (peel back and stick, so easy).  I used purple gel pen to write "You're a grape friend, Valentine!"  I'll have my daughter sign the backs before she takes some to preschool on the 14th.

Alternatives:

  • Other fruits (raspberries - though that one might have trouble coming up with a nice saying), orange slices (Orange you a smiley Valentine!), bananas (in a smile! - I go bananas for you, Valentine), pineapple (make it heart shaped)...
Additional Photo:

VdayGrapes

2 comments:

  1. Its really nice idea's...!! thanks for sharing..Plastic card


    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card. Its design is so nice and handmade things are so valuable. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.