Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sewing Project: Teapot

Teapot

Inspiration:  For my daughter's tea party themed birthday party, I planned on having the kids play "Hot Teapot".  I didn't want to use either of the china teapots or her plastic Strawberry Shortcake one.  I knew I needed to sew one that was softer.

How I Made It: I thought about just taking an online image and making it more like a pillow but ended up searching for teapot sewing patterns and came up with the following:

I used multiple colored fabric (see image above).  I also machine sewed most of the pieces and only hand-sewed to close the teapot body, close the lid circle, secure on the button top and attach the lid to the body. The whole thing only took 1 evening.

What I'd Do Different:
  • I'd definitely make a longer body.  Mine looks more like a Genie Lamp than a teapot.
  • I'd secure the spout on a little more closer to the top so it's more upright.
  • I wanted to add a little hidden pocket to put in a prize for the kid who is holding it when the music stops, but I ended up not doing that.  It probably could have been done with some material into the top and using velcro to secure the lid to the top of the teapot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.