Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Review: DIY Gnome Kit by AmysFarmhouse (etsy)

 


To help fill in some time and get crafty during lock down, a friend and I were looking for things to make and found these really cute DIY Gnome Kits by AmysFarmhouse.

I chose the Coffee one and my friend chose to make a Bee one.  This kits arrived with most of the needed materials and a piece of paper with the address to a YouTube video with the instructions.

Following the video, in addition to the supplied materials you also see 1-2 cups of dry rice.  Instead of rice, we used Poly Pellets (I really don't like using food items in crafts).  Many of the steps also used a glue gun.  I don't have one so where I could, I sewed things together and if I really needed glue (like attaching the wooden nose), I used E6000 Industrial Strength Adhesive (it's lower odor than super glue and dries a little faster too).  It took use a 2 hour Zoom crafting session to make our gnomes together.

My Coffee Gnome turned out really cute and now lives in the coffee nook of my kitchen/dining room.  The was a great craft to do with a friend.  There were plenty of choices and we could each make a gnome with a theme we liked.  Even with minor differences (my friend's gnome kit had a black sock but mine was white and we had different charms to attach at the end), every kit takes the same steps to make and you can make alternatives work (sewing instead of using a hot glue gun for most steps like attaching the hat and the beard).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.