Saturday, September 24, 2011

Project: Sticker Book

stickerbook1

Inspiration:  Do you remember having a sticker book as a child?  I know I had several over the years and collected many stickers.  They are long gone now, but as I already have a large selection of stickers saved for my daughter I wanted to find one for her.  Since all the stores I used to go to for them are gone and I couldn't find one I liked online, I experimented to find something that worked.  I also didn't want to use a traditional photo album (I remember using one of those for a while as a kid).  First I tried various types of paper (vellum, etc.), then I tried laminating and finally came up with one that works well.  We've been able to add and remove stickers and still have them stick to the pages.  I even made one for her cousin in Japan.

How I Make Them: I cut 6 half sheets of brightly colored paper so I'd have 12 pages including the front and back cover.  On them I added a few stickers and words using a Sharpee.  On the cover page, I wrote "My Stickers" and used stickers that spelled out the recipient's name.  On the back cover, I put a heart sticker and wrote "Love, Mommy" for the book for my daughter.  For her cousin's book, I used a US Flag sticker and wrote that it was from her cousins in the US.  Then I laminated each page using my Xryon laminator.  After trimming the lamination, I put the pages in order and added two hole punches to the top.  Finally, I used metal key rings to secure the pages together through the holes.

Alternatives:
  • You could use any sized or shaped paper since you're laminating it.
  • If you don't have your own laminator (mine's a sticker laminator rather than a heat-based one), you could go to a copy center or Office Max, Staples, etc. and get the pages laminated there.
  • I used key rings to hold the pages together but you could put them a 3-ring binder or use yarn to tie them together or use office rings (I didn't use these because I was worried the small girls might open them).
Additional Photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.