Sunday, August 16, 2020

Felt Sewing: Bomb Pops for Teacher



Inspiration: I started making these cute little Bomb Pop felt pins and thought that it would be cute to tell my daughter's teachers that they were "Da Bomb".  Plus it was November, so it was perfect!

How I Made Them: The Bomb Pop felt pins came from the book Kawaii Craft Life.  These were one of the Frosty Treat Charms (pages 60, 64-65).  I photocopied the template and cute the pieces.  Instead of stitching the eyes, I used adhesive googly eyes (if you look in the picture above I used different sizes but was always careful to make sure a given figure had 2 of the same size).  I drew on the mouth with a red Sharpie instead of stitching it.  I also cut a small extra square of felt of the same color I used for the backing and sewed it around a small safety pin.  Finally, I used business size card stock and wrote on it using colored Sharpie markers.  I put "I think UR: in red, "DA BOMB" in blue and then "Thank you for being a great teacher!" in green.  My daughter signed the backs and we put each in an envelope with the teacher's name.

Other Ideas:
  • An of the cute projects in this book would make an awesome teacher gift!
  • I made pins, but you could easily make them as bookmarks or charms.  There are even a few projects in the book that make cute coasters or gift card holders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.