Sunday, August 23, 2020

Felt Sewing: Lots of little critters


Inspiration: To keep busy during our #StayAtHome time during COVID-19, I kept busy doing lots of crafting.  Some of what I wanted to do was create the various felt projects from the book Kawaii Craft Life.  

How I Made Them: I mostly stuck to the instructions in the book, only veering to 1) use googly eyes instead of sewing them or 2) to change the type of final product like pins instead of charms or ornament hangers instead of something else.  If I was making more than one, I'd make the first with the colors listed in the book and then try a creative combination for the 2nd.  This worked most of the time, though I still think the purple fox is a little weird (cute, but still weird).

More Photos:

The original owl is upper left.  The blues were my "creative choice" for a 2nd version.  I made these 2 into pins.


The original brown fox and the purple fox, again these are pins.


The last of the woodland creatures are these 2 little hedgehogs.  The red one is my "creative choice" and they are pins.


This frosted donut charm is making me hungry.  The original craft was supposed to be a coaster.


Cute little cupcake, though this is probably too big to really be a charm, more like an ornament.



Lastly, my fry guys ornaments.  I always giggle and think of the commercials from when I was a kid when I look at these.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.