Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Card: New Year's 2020

Yes I know, it's now November and I'm posting about a New Year's Card that I sent out in January.  I'm just trying to catch up on sharing some of creativity that I didn't get posted the last few years.



Inspiration: So, it's 2020 which is like 20/20 so I went with glasses.  Plus I wanted something my daughter could help with and i knew I could get her to make drawings inside the glasses.

How I Made Them:  I used a plastic stencil I have that includes glasses as one of the options.  I chose to make them in purple because my daughter's glasses are purple.  I wrote the 20's in each lens and then had my daughter draw 2 of the same picture in each one.  Then I added the writing on the outside: "Looking up in the New Year!" On the inside, I included the following poem:

Let our thoughts this year
be fore-sighted and clear.
No doubts from hindsight
nor sight far nor near.
Let us smile -- shining bright
with laughter -- never fear
For we hold in our hearts
family and friends who are dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.