Sunday, December 27, 2020

Review: Cut & Create Paper Mosaics


For the holidays, my husband got my Cut & Create Paper Mosaics.  Doing these is pretty addictive and I only have 2 of the 8 projects in the book left!  The first four are labeled as easy because every piece is outlined for you (or you have to hole-punch it).  I worked through those fairly quickly and they turned out pretty nice.  All the paper is supplied in a velcro-closure envelope along with the thicker cardboard base.  There are outline shapes on the back of the paper for you to cut and each piece is numbered.  These correspond to outlined spaces on the carboard base.  I used ModPodge to do my gluing but most glues should work well.


The next two are intermediate.  For some paper patterns there is no outline to cut out, only instructions and then you place them in specified areas but again no outlines for placement so you get to bring in your own creativity.  The final two are more difficult and have pieces that need to be cut without guidance that are not simple shapes (rectangle, diamond, rhombus).  I can't wait to get started on them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.