Sunday, December 25, 2011

Card: New Year's - Numeric Year



Inspiration: For Christmas & Rosh Hashana (Jewish New Year) every year I try to do similarly styled cards.  In keeping with that, I used the calendar years for this year's cards.

How I Make Them:  I started by making templates for the numbers.  I used a ruler, compass and notecards and only made the numbers I needed.  I used the templates to trace my numbers on different colored paper.  After the numbers were all cut out I glued them onto the card stock - trying not to just glue them in a straight line so they looked a little more artistic.  I also used markers to outline and decorate the numbers to give them some embellishment.  Inside the card I wrote a message about the related holiday.

Alternatives:
  • There are plenty of materials to use to embellish this type of card.  In the Rosh Hashana card example below I used stickers.  On my New Year's cards, I used markers.  Glitter is an option I try to avoid since most people don't like getting glitter all over when they open a card.  Confetti pieces relavent to the holiday can also be glued to cards.
  • Using different fonts for the letters can also make an appealing card.
Additional Photo

card_rhyear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.