Saturday, December 31, 2011

Card: Personal Poetry

cardp_chattancardp_pocahontas
cardp_livingdreamscardp_ineyes

Besides using my personal poetry as bookmarks to share, if the theme of the poem is appropriate I use them for cards as well.

How I Use Them:  The card with the poem entitled "Chattan v'Kallah" I use for Jewish Weddings.  The poem itself is about the traditional Jewish Wedding ceremony.  The card with the poem entitled "Pocahontas" I used for older girl's birthdays or when they first leave for college.  I think of it as a poem about a girl leaving home for the first time.  The card with the poem entitled "Living Dreams" I use for older boy's birthdays or when they first leave for college.  I wrote it for my brother in honor of his becoming a Bar Mitzvah - reflecting on the past and looking towards the future.  The poem entitled "In Your Eyes" I use for anniversaries.  I wrote this in High School and it was used in the booklet for the Prom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.