Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Card: Baby - Bib

e7_babybib

Inspiration:  I had a friend who was about to give birth to her first child.  I had templates for several baby items in my scrapbooking stuff.  I decided to go with the bib since we already knew the gender.

How I Make Them:  I use the scrapbooking template sheet and make the bib shape out of either blue or pink paper.  I cut out the inner part of the main bib.  I use a white (or slightly off white) paper and make the bib part of the template (without the tie strings).  I glue the white to the colored paper (which is now mostly an outline).  I glue it to the card and then write "Baby Boy" or "Baby Girl" on the bib.  If I know the baby's name, I might also add it to the bib or make a more complex decoration on the bib using markers to personalize it.  For this card, I tend to just write a personal note inside the card rather than using a standard verse.

Alternatives:
  • I've used this design both for a baby shower gift card and to send as congratulations to friends that recently had a baby.
  • This design could be used as a baby shower invitation.  If the gender of the baby isn't know, a gender-neutral color like yellow could be used for the ties and bib edges.
  • It could also be used to announce a new baby - using the baby's name on the bib.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.