Monday, March 28, 2011

Card: Birthday - Party Hat

e10_hatbday

Inspiration: Since I'd already done a cupcake and balloons, I figured the next thing I needed was a party hat!  Plus the shiny paper really makes this look neat!

How I Make Them: This one uses another scrapbooking template I've had.  (There's no number or manufacturer listed on them, all I can tell you is that I have about a dozen plastic pages that are glittery purple with multiple shapes on them and that each sheet seems to be themed).  I trace the party hat template on the back of the shiny paper and cut it out.  I glue the hat to the card, usually at a slight angle.  Then I cut little confetti shapes out of scrap paper pieces, trying to stick with brighter colors like neons.  I randomly glue the confetti shapes to the hat, sometimes overlapping pieces.  Finally, I write "Happy Birthday" on the front and "May your special day be lots of fun!" on the inside.

Alternatives:
  • If I didn't have the shiny paper, I'd just use a plain solid color for the main hat and complementary colors for the confetti pieces.
  • This idea can be used for party invitations.
  • I might use this sometime for an "Over the Hill" birthday with a black hat and a number cut out in white.  It might be cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.