Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bookmark: Hebrew/English Calligraphy - Torah image

bkmk_written

Inspiration: I chose this quote mostly because I felt I could illustrate it with the image of an open torah scroll.  I'd drawn images like this since I was a child in religious school and wanted to do one on a bookmark.

How I Make Them:  Again I use a pre-cut 1.75 inches by 6.5 inches bookmark from Hollo's Papercraft.  This time I use it horizontally.  I draw my pencil lines from the top at 4MM and then a 2nd line at 1cm.  I repeat the same lines at the bottom edge of the bookmark.  I calligraphy this bookmark in a brown ink.  I write the Hebrew letters using a C-4 Speedball nib and a Hunt Ex-Fine Bowl 512 for the vowels.  I write the English using a C-5 Speedball nib.  After the calligraphy ink has dried, I draw an open scroll torah and color in the finials with a gel pen.  For the fake text in the scroll, I squiggle lines using black india ink and the Hunt Ex-Fine Bowl 512 nib.  Finally, I laminate the card using my Xylon sticker laminator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.