Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bookmark: Hebrew/English Calligraphy - Unfinished Symphony

bkmk_edsymph

Inspiration: Another quote I like.  "Education is an unfinished symphony." by Aranne.
How I Make Them: Again I use a pre-cut 1.75 inches by 6.5 inches bookmark from Hollo's Papercraft. This time I use it horizontally. I draw my pencil lines from the top at 2MM. From the bottom I draw them at 3MM, 7MM, 8MM, and 12MM. I calligraphy this bookmark in royal blue ink (usually Speedball ink for the blue and self-mixed watercolor paint). I write the Hebrew & English letters using a C-4 Speedball nib and a Hunt Ex-Fine Bowl 512 for the Hebrew vowels. After the calligraphy ink has dried, I use a music nib with a silver Speedball ink to draw the music staff. Once the staff has dried, I use gold gel pens to add some music.  Finally, I laminate the card using my Xylon sticker laminator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.