Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Card: Rosh Hashana - Apple

applerhorteach

Since we're already on apples...

Inspiration:  I wanted to do a shaped card with the apple and ended up with this.

How I Make Them: I ended up making my own template for the apple, stem & leaf.  I store them in the computer keyboard themed envelope you see in the photo above.  The apple template actually has the whole overall shape and I use that to trim my card first.  Then I cut out my shapes - red for the apple, green for the leaf and a dark brown for the stem.  I glue on the stem, leaf and then the apple.  I don't write anything on the apple but inside I write "Wishes for a sweet new year!"

Alternatives:
  • I still want to do one of the inside of the apple one day - looking down on the apple and seeing it's seeds make a star shape, but that might not be enough.  Though I guess if I did a bird's eye view of the apple on the front of the card and then the seeds inside the card it might work.
  • The apple shaped card might make a nice Thank You card for a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.