Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Supplies

penbox
After reviewing a product and a resource I use, I figured it was time to show you some of my supplies for card making.  The above picture is most of what I keep in my pen box of crafting supplies (except the colored pencils because they don't fit).  I'll give a short description of each item in order clockwise from the left.

Colored Pencils:  These are a 24 pack by Koh-i-noor.  I like these because they aren't wood coated and they color very smoothly.

Purple Plastic Ruler: This is a pretty cheap little ruler that I use - I think I took it off of a plastic clipboard that I got.  The size is good for working on my cards, but I have cut it a few times with my eXactO knife so I doubt the lines are super straight anymore.

Pencil Sharpener: I use this one mostly for my colored pencils since all of my lead writing pencils are mechanical.

Scissors: I actually keep 2-3 different sizes of scissors in this case, but took the others out so the picture wouldn't be too cluttered (though it probably is anyway).  I do make sure that I use my crafting scissors only on paper (and my sewing scissors never touch my paper!).

Eraser: This is the little smiley face - I bought a big container of like 200 of these years ago and am still working my way through it.  I like the small size for getting in close to inks and colored spots with less likelihood of smearing (though sometimes I still do).

Metal clip:  the loop shaped clip that I use for folding my card stock to make a nice strong & clean crease.

Small paint brush: I use this for quickly brushing away eraser residue when I need to erase reference lines I made for lettering on cards.

Hole Punch: I use this for creating very small circles for cards or to make holes to attach paper inside a card (like I did for my daughter's birth announcements - 2 holes and then ribbon strung through the holes on the inside of the card and the paper with the text)

Glue: see my note about Glue from 3/18/2011.

Pens, Markers, Mechanical Pencils:  This includes small Sharpies, various mechanical or tip changing pencils, gel pens and Crayola markers for writing text and some coloring/decorating on the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.