Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Card: Birthday - Dinosaur

e36_dinosaurbday

Inspiration:  I needed a card for a little boy who loves dinosaurs.  I'm not the best artist in the world but with the help of looking at some images on-line I came up with this one.

How I Made Them:  As with many of my cards, I made templates so I can make this one as many times as I need.  I started with the main body and legs.  I also created small templates for the plates on the dinosaur's back and tail.  I glue the body down first and leave a small part of the tail unglued so one of the spikes can sit under it.  Then I glue on the plates and then the 2 spikes.  I draw in a little eye and write "Happy Birthday" on the card.  On the inside, I wrote "This dinosaur joins us in wishing you a special day!"

Alternatives:
  • An invitation for a dinosaur-themed party and/or a thank you card after the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.