Monday, June 13, 2011

Card: Rosh Hashana - Apples & Honey

applehoneyrh

Although Rosh Hashana isn't until the fall, this is the time of year that I start working on my cards for that season.  So I'll share a few designs I've used over the past years in the hope that they inspire an idea of this year.

Inspiration:  Apples and honey are a traditional snack to wish one a sweet new year.  This is actually one of the first card designs I came up with when I first started making my own cards.

How I Make Them:  I made a little apple template the first time and I always cut them out of a smooth red paper.  I also made a template for the jar and it's lid.  I try to keep the jar to a golden yellow color but switch between brown, gold and shiny silver for the lid.  After gluing on the pieces, I hand-draw the word (or at least part of the word) "Honey" on the jar and add "L'Shana Tovah" which means A Good Year.  On the inside I write "May your new year be sweet!"

Alternatives:
  • Sometimes I write a little rhyme instead on the inside but I can't remember the exact wording right now.
  • I'm thinking about doing a card and adding the little honey dipper too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.