Monday, June 20, 2011

Card: Rosh Hashana - Shofar

shofarrh

Inspiration:  Rabbi Enid Lader's song "The Sound of the Shofar" always pops into my head whenever I think about Rosh Hashana.  It's simple and fun.  This card was designed with this song in mind.

How I Make Them:  I use a scrapbooking template to make the music notes and and I usually just cut out the shofar by hand (no template, though it would be easy to make one).  I usually make the shofar in a dark yellow.  I glue on the shofar with the notes above it and then using different colored gel pens, I write in the sounds that the shofar makes as described in the song - "Te'kiah!", "She-varim!", and "Te'ruah!"  On the inside of the card, I write "May the sound of the shofar usher in a year of peace for you and all those you hold dear"

Alternatives:
  • A musical staff could come out of the shofar and the words could be written like notes on it.
  • Just a large, more ornate Shofar could be used as the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.