Sunday, May 1, 2011

Card: Mother's Day - Butterflies

e23_btrflycard1
Mother's Day is right around the corner.  Here's a quick idea for you.

Inspiration: I love butterflies.  I decorated my craft room with them, but it's now my daughter's room.  So I had to make a card with them.  And since butterflies are beautiful, who better to share their beauty with then Mom.

How I Make Them:  The first time I made these, I used scrapbooking die cuts in various sizes and shapes of butterflies.  I just glued the shapes randomly to the card.  Now, I use the original paper surrounds from the die cuts as templates to make more butterflies.  Sometimes (as in the additional photos linked to below) I use butterfly stickers too.  The front of the card says "We're all a-flutter...".  The inside says "...to wish you a Happy Mother's Day!"

Alternatives:
  • Since I don't need many Mother's Day cards, I also use these for birthdays changing the inside to "...to wish you a Happy Birthday!"
  • They could also be used to say Congratulations ("...to congratulate you" or "...to wish you well") or Thank You ("...from your generosity").
Additional Photos:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.