Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Card: Birthday - City at Night

e34_citybday

Inspiration: I had a lot of small darker scraps of paper and wanted to find a way to use them.  I came up with this idea of doing buildings.  Since they were dark, I figured a city skyline at night was the way to do.

How I Make Them:  I start by gluing a darker blue piece of paper to my card.  I cut out various sized rectangles from scraps of dark paper and glue those on to look like buildings of different sizes.  I have a hole-punch that creates small 6 small rectangles in a row that I used with yellow paper.  I glue these onto the rectangles to look like windows with lights on. I draw on stars using a silver Sharpie and wrote "Happy Birthday".  Inside I write, "Hope you have a fun birth day that continues with a starry night!"

Alternatives:
  • The city skyline could be used for an invitation for a night out on the town, a girl's night, a bachelorette party, or whatever else you can think of.
  • It would make a nice image for a Thank You card for someone who hosted you during a recent visit to their town.
  • If you really want to embellish with details, you could draw in antennaes on the tops of the buildings or have some that aren't quite so rectangular.
  • A new home card could have tall buildings on the sides in silhouette and then a small little house in the middle in silhouette with a message along the lines of "Welcome to the neighborhood..." on the outside and on the inside, "we hope you'll grow to love it like we do!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. It will be posted as soon as I've had a chance to review it.